Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dream Home

I had a dream the other night that Dan and I were going to look for a house to rent or buy. We found this perfect house with a huge yard. It was a Victorian. We went inside and I couldn't believe this would be in our price range. I asked Dan how much it was, he said $4300/month. I shook my head at him, but he said "we can swing it". His idea was to break the house into halves and rent out the other half. Except instead of having 2 separate units it would just be sharing the house with strangers. I was not happy about this idea.

We started touring the house and it was gorgeous until we got to the upper levels. The rooms got smaller and smaller with pitched ceilings. Literally crawling through hallways on our stomachs from room to room. I thought to myself, there is NO way I can live here. I am so claustrophobic. Dan didn't seem to mind and he is taller than me so I didn't say much, maybe I was being dramatic.

The people who owned the house were having a party outside, they invited us to enjoy some barbecue with them. Dan left and crawled through the doorway and down the hall. I tried to follow him but got stuck in the small hall. And I never did get any of that barbecue.

No comments:

Post a Comment